Welcome to Right to Know Week 2016
Each year on September 28, approximately 40 countries and 60 non-governmental organizations celebrate Right to Know Day. The purpose of Right to Know is to raise awareness of an individual's right to request government records, while promoting freedom of information as essential to government accountability, transparency and democracy. The Cayman Islands is a leader in FOI rights not only in the Caribbean but also the world........now that's something to celebrate!
What to look out for this week
- Mon, Sept 26, Tune in to Rooster Talk Show 8:30am.
- Mon, Sept 26, Public outreach event at the HSA, 9:00-11:30am.
- Tues, Sept 27, Tune in to Radio Cayman, Talk Today Show 12:30pm.
- Tues, Sept 27, Media FREE LUNCH & LEARN on FOI 12:00n , 3rd Floor Anderson Square, ICO Board Room.
- Wed, Sept 28, Watch out for the ICO on Cayman27 Daybreak show.
- Wed, Sept 28, Public outreach event at the Market at the Cricket Field 10am—1pm.
- Thurs, Sept 29, FREE LUNCH & LEARN session on FOI, at the ICO 3rd Floor Anderson Square, ICO Board Room. This event is free to Civil Servants.
- Fri, Sept 30, DRESS DOWN IN BLUE DAY & public outreach event at GAB main lobby, 9:00am onwards.
- Mon, Oct 3, FREE LUNCH & LEARN session on FOI, at the Cayman Brac Beach Resort Conference Room, Cayman Brac 11am. This event is free to Information Managers/Civil Servants.
For more information call 747-5402 or visit www.infocomm.ky
Show your support for Right to Know Day Dress Down in Blue on Friday, September 30th 2016.