The concept of e-recruitment refers to the selection and hiring of personnel through the Internet. This term is also known as Internet recruiting or online recruitmen. The origin of this term dates back to the last decade of the last century, and throughout it it has been occupying an increasingly important place among companies.
Its constant expansion is mainly due to the ability to attract and retain talent, in addition to the reduction of costes and speed that this process may entail.
The emergence of technology has meant an important change in companies when it comes to looking for their candidates. They maintain an active attitude to attract talent and these new channels prevail over other more classic methods such as advertisements in the press. And it is that any interested party, no matter how far they live, will always be able to access the details of the job offers through the webs.
Examples of E-recruiting include job portals, which collect data from applicants and offers from companies, through the corporate pages of the companies themselves or of the institutions (universities, unemployment, associations, etc.).
Advantages and disadvantages of e-recruiting
E-recruiting in companies is well established, but a series of aspects must also be taken into consideration.
Benefits of e-recruiting
There are a series of advantages that this practice gives us, such as:
- Time savings: the first offer can be received in a matter of minutes and in most cases it is not necessary to invest money to offer a job.
- Job seekers can enter their data and resume on a platform, which will be accessed by interested companies based on the profile they claim.
- Cost reduction: there will be no postage or press costs.
Disadvantages of e-recruiting
However, there are also a series of risks, among which we can find:
- The privacy of the personal data of the interested parties.
- Weak segmentation, which means that candidates who could be very useful for the position are lost along the way.
- Lack of personal contact.
Know all the information about the recruitment and selection of new employees for your company.