The meaning of naming is the set of techniques used to name things. The main purpose is the creation of a brand name, service or object. This word comes from English and its translation would be appointment or denomination. This is a fairly complex task, since in some cases the success or failure of a firm will depend on it.
The creation of the name must be accompanied by a series of attributes, values, emotions and experiences that the brand seeks to convey. You have to look for a clear and concise name, that has a simple writing and pronunciation, and that is also attractive to the user.
How to create the naming of your company or brand?
When choosing the name of your company or brand, the following tips should be taken into account:
- It must be a new and unique name that does not exist. You have to look for the differentiation from the first moment.
- Look for a suggestive name, that the person who hears it understands what we intend to convey.
- Try to make it flexible, so that it can be extended to other sectors in the future. Even if your business is currently focused on a specific category, it is possible that in the future you will broaden your vision of the .
- It is easy to read, write and pronounce. To be able to be short.
- Both the registry and the possible domains must be available.
- Avoid negative connotations.
The naming process can be a bit complex, but there are a number of steps you must follow to succeed with the name:
- Be patient, it will take time to get the name right.
- Use the 5W rule (What, How, When, Who and Where) to perfectly describe your business and define your competition.
- It must convey the values that we have in mind from the beginning.
- Resort to brainstorming.
- Make a selection of names and verify that they are not registered.
Examples of naming include the case of Google, which is an invented name inspired by the term Googlo, which is the mathematical name that receives 10 raised to 100 and represents the capacity of the company.
How do I know if my company name already exists?