A value proposition is what a makes it known about itself because it makes it different and useful compared to its competition and because users appreciate it.
That is, it is something that distinguishes it from its competitors and so it can create a profit at the expense of it. To do this, the company must look for what it is good at doing or what it excels at, explaining the way in which it will benefit the community it is targeting: whether it is through services or through products.
Main objectives of the value proposition
The value proposition of the company will allow you to obtain the benefits you want. The objectives that we highlight are:
- It offers confidence to the users the company targets.
- Offers a solution to customer problems.
- What the company does best is highlighted.
Steps to create a good value proposition
It will be done as follows:
- Analysis of the company. We begin by analyzing where we stand out as a company, for which a analysis DAFO (to know the weaknesses, threats, strengths and opportunities of our business).
- Work on the value proposition. Make strategies around the points in which we stand out, making them known as added value compared to the rest of the competition.
- Understandable. The value proposition should be easy to understand, concise, and brief. We will have to find the differential that a positioning offers compared to the rest of the companies in the sector.
- Publicize the benefits. We have to communicate what you are going to get from us: know if it is going to help you or give a solution to your problem. Let you know that we can and that the competition offers something different.