Copyright is a word of English origin that translated into Spanish would be copyright. This provides the person responsible for an artistic content or an intellectual work with a copyright each time it is reproduced or used, participating by law in the possible benefits generated by their work.
The meaning of copyright encompasses the legal regulations that protect the moral and patrimonial rights of authors, simply for the fact of having made an artistic, musical, scientific, didactic or literary work, among others. It is an essential human right recognized by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
What is copyright for?
Copyright rights are the form of legal protection of an intellectual property work, which provides the authors and content producers with exclusive rights to manage and exercise rights of use over this content. If you are interested in strategies or original pieces of content marketing, you must take into account the copyright included in your productions.
Among the examples of copyright that are protected by law of Copyright están:
- Dramatic or dramatic-musical works.
- Books, brochures and other writings.
- Choreographic works.
- Musical works and other sound recordings.
- Musical compositions with and without lyrics.
- Cinematographic and audiovisual works.
- Creations of painting, drawing, engraving, sculpture and lithography.
- Graphic stories, comics, comics, as well as essays and sketches.
- Websites or computer programs.
- Projects, models, plans and designs of architectural and engineering works.
- Photography works.
- Maps, graphics and designs associated with geography, science or topography.
In Spanish legislation, according to Royal Legislative Decree 1/1996, of April 12, the owner or exclusively responsible for a right to exploit a production protected by law has the possibility of putting the symbol ©, next to his name, specifying the place and year of their disclosure.
Once the economic rights have expired, the work will go into the public domain. This generally occurs within a period of time after the death of the author. The minimum period, internationally, reaches 50 years.
How to patent an idea?