The concept of branding falls within the field of marketing. This English word refers to the process of building a brand, establishing the strategy to follow to manage the assets linked to a commercial name, symbols or logos.
These aspects influence the brand value and in the way consumers behave. A company with a good market positioning and a strong corporate identity has all the conditions to become a stable source of income in the future.
What branding aims to highlight is the power of the brand, those values of an intangible nature, such as credibility and uniqueness, which help them to distinguish themselves from others and cause a unique impact on the market. Branding tries to reinforce those qualities that the brand transmits to the client and that represent their strength. This is how the user links a brand with a value, such as innovation, quality, originality, etc.
A good branding strategy must:
- Build trust and credibility.
- Highlight the values of a brand at all times.
- Uncheck from the competition.
- Reinforce the identity of the services or products.
These concepts are what a company must develop so that the client feels empathy with the brand and think about it when viewing services and products.
The branding of a brand encompasses a series of visual elements (symbol, trade name, colors, logo), which are projected to the public through a special typographic design. The combination of these provide a global appearance of the company, constituting a very important physical expression in the markets.
- Symbol: it is the identity sign of a through a graphic.
- Trade name: the name by which a company is recognized, which is usually different from the business name.
- Logo: the name of the company consisting of letters, acronyms, abbreviations, numbers. In most cases their visual identity is elaborated with a special typeface adding a symbol to it.
- Colors: they must show the articles in an attractive way, capturing the customer's attention and giving their own personality.